Support TIME. Preserve the truth.
EVENING NEWS

The former head of PTK is acquitted of the charge of entering into a harmful contract

The Basic Court in Pristina acquitted the former head of Post and Telecom of Kosovo, Shyqyri Haxha, of the charge of concluding a harmful contract. In the court session, it was established that Haxha's signature in this contract did not have any obligation for PTK. In 2013, Haxha was also acquitted of the accusation of entering into a contract with Z-Mobile. The telecommunications expert, Ismet Hamiti, says that the trials so far are strategies for amnesty for the crimes committed in Telekom

Shyqyri Haxha has been acquitted of the charge of concluding a harmful contract when he was the head of Post and Telecom of Kosovo.

Judge Sabit Sadikaj, in Friday's court session at the Basic Court in Prishtina, found that the signing of the contract by Haxha did not have any obligation for the PTK.

"The court came to this conclusion after, based on the Law on Public Procurement with no. 2003/17 of 2008, which was in force at the time of the conclusion of the contract, with the signature of the procurement officer of PTK and the representative of 'Amdocs', the contract entered into force, while the signature of the chief executive Shyqyri Haxha had no obligation to the PTK", declared Sadikaj.

Haxha was not present at the session. He was accused of intentionally and with the aim of causing damage to PTK, acting contrary to the legal authorizations with the company "Amdocs Development Limited".

In 2010, PTK terminated the unilateral contract with this company, which then initiated an arbitration procedure and won about 10 million euros in compensation.

also Telekom demands responsibility for who caused the damages by signing harmful contracts EVENING NEWS Telekom demands responsibility for who caused the damages by signing harmful contracts

In addition, years ago, Haxha was also accused of entering into a harmful contract with Z-Mobile, from which the charge was released in 2013. He was accused for this case together with Blerim Devolli, Shkëlqim Devolli, Ismet Boyku and Rexhë Gjonbalaj.

Haxha interpreted these accusations as persecution against him, as he accused the Prosecutor's Office of being under the influence of politics.

"There have been four cases, case after case, there has never been a witness against me, nor factual evidence, never. There have been pursuits to prevent me from operating in Kosovo, and in fact they have been consistent. Since 2009 until now, I have been under investigation, under persecution, case after case", said Haxha.

However, Ismet Hamiti, a telecommunications expert, stated that every trial so far, as well as this one on Friday, were made to amnesty the crime.

"This is a crime that is a textbook example of organized crime. This individual is used as a tool, but the real criminals are the ones behind. The strategy is to accuse, judge and release in order to be amnestied, not only those individuals, but the crime as a whole, behind which the untouchables stand", said Hamiti.

In 2016, Hamiti wrote a public letter to the then Chief State Prosecutor, requesting the initiation of investigations against the people responsible for the harmful contract. But the Prosecutor's Office did not consider the request.

also The former head of the PTK, Shyqri Haxha, is acquitted Arberi The former head of the PTK, Shyqri Haxha, is acquitted

"Even 'loss' in 'arbitration' is a scheme devised by the highest levels of power. With this scheme, it is intended to loot more than 30 million euros of public property and those individuals who planned all this are part of the same criminal group", his letter said.

PTK used to be the enterprise that generated the most revenues in the budget. But the signing of harmful contracts, mismanagement, lack of accountability have brought it to the brink of bankruptcy.