Support TIME. Preserve the truth.
Arberi

Haxhiu: Abazi should notify the Prosecution, not to hide behind the immunity from the deputy

The Minister of Justice, Albulena Haxhiu, has said that MP Haki Abazi should notify and cooperate with the Special Prosecutor's Office and not try to hide behind his immunity as a MP, after the statements about the disappearance of Astri Dehari's samples.

On Thursday, Abazi severely accused his party, after he said that there are video recordings showing who destroyed the samples of the activist Astrit Dehari. And for these claims, Abazi will be interviewed by the Prosecutor's Office. But the deputy of VV said that he has not been invited so far. 

Abazi says that there are videos that show "who disappeared the samples of the Dehari case"

In front of the media, Haxhiu said that together with her deputy, they gave all the statements after announcing the disappearance of the samples and are ready to do it again if requested by the justice institutions.

"I don't know what the MP is talking about. It is extremely important that he informs the Special Prosecutor's Office, cooperates with them and does not try to hide behind his parliamentary immunity. We gave our statements and testimonies together with my deputy for the institutions of justice for all the information we have. The information I had is with the Prosecutor's Office. Every time I am ready to appear before justice, whenever the institutions ask for it", she said.

also The lawyer of the Dehari family asks Abazi to send the evidence to the Prosecutor's Office Arberi The lawyer of the Dehari family asks Abazi to send the evidence to the Prosecutor's Office

The activist of the Vetëvendosje Movement, Astrit Dehari, was found dead in a prison cell in Prizren in November 2016, where he was being held under suspicion of having attacked the Parliament building together with several other activists. While the Prosecutor's Office said at the time that it was a suicide, the family continued to insist that it was a case of murder.

Dehar's specimens disappeared in early December last year. The Minister of Justice, Albulena Haxhiu, said that this action is intended to ultimately fail the investigative process for Dehari's death. Four officials of the Institute of Forensic Medicine (IML) were suspended. But Abazi claims that the IML is under 24-hour camera surveillance, and according to him, it is clear who entered the refrigerator to take out the samples.